We are looking for a creative, customer-centric, brand manager who can advocate our brand vision, and execute industry-leading communications and activations.
This person will need to be highly-organised, commercially-focussed, and have a proven track record of not only building community and brand affinity, but also affecting commercial results.
You’ll lead on executing our brand strategy, creating exciting and engaging campaigns, and delivering them in an impactful way.
You’ll be responsible for developing the partnerships and collaborations that will help build our community and establish Citizens of Soil as an admired lifestyle brand.
Role: Brand Marketing Manager
Hours: Mon-Fri (flexible PT-FT options)
Salary: £35-£45K (depending on experience and hours agreed).
Location: Central London co-working space, with remote-working flexibility
The ideal candidate:
- 4+ years working in marketing for a consumer brand, ideally within FMCG, fashion, or lifestyle.
- Have both DTC and retail marketing experience.
- Can demonstrate a track record of formulating impactful brand strategies and effective campaigns.
- Possesses a strategic mindset, driven by solid commercial acumen.
- Has a keen awareness of emerging trends, particularly in the wellness, nutrition, lifestyle, and food space.
- Will advocate for our brand vision, championing our remarkable farmers and their products.
- Is a world-class story-teller who can lift beautiful messages and ideas from our rich brand world, while ensuring accuracy to fight greenwashing and misinformation in the category..
- Strong accountability and work ethic (it’s a small start-up, after all)!
- Independent and autonomous, while also friendly and collaborative in a small team and with our most valued partners.
- Aligned with the mission and ethics of Citizens of Soil, specifically wanting to progress a mission around turning a commodity into a community to benefit people and planet.
- Loves food & drink.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy and budget designed to drive awareness, multi-channel sales, and ensuring maximum ROI under a start-up’s limited resources.
- Setting us apart through impactful branding and marketing strategies, ultimately driving both sales and brand affinity.
- Identifying emerging trends, industry activities, and consumer preferences to inform marketing strategies.
- Analysing cross-channel performance against key metrics, adjusting strategies as needed to maximise our impact. Your role will be to manage the overall marketing performance to make sure it is delivering results.
- Actively identifies and fosters strategic key partnerships to enhance the brand’s reach and explores cross-promotional opportunities, leading on collaborations with other brands, influencers, and partners.
- Being the line manager to our talented marketing exec, and supporting them to continue gains in our social community, customer communications, and general community building.
- Directly managing external partners, such as PR, digital, and freelance support.
- Managing all digital initiatives, including social media, email marketing and advertising, to optimise brand presence and customer interaction, working with our marketing exec and partners to deliver.
- Building and guarding our brand by ensuring proper brand guidelines, communications, graphics are all consistent and up to our brand’s premium and sustainability standards.
- Overseeing end-to-end execution of events and activations, from concept development to delivery and reporting, ensuring consistency across various channels and effective results.
- Prioritising sustainability through every activation and touch-point in the business, putting people & planet first.
In return, you’ll get:
- 28 days holiday, in addition to bank holidays (FT).
- A financial stake in the success of our business (share options).
- An opportunity to grow within a scaling business.
- Flexibility to support your work-life balance.
- The sense of purpose that comes from working for something bigger than the business itself.
- The finest extra virgin olive oils we can source (we’ll keep you stocked up with the good stuff)!
Diversity & inclusion:
At Citizens of Soil, our vision is for a more fair, sustainable, and flavourful table. And that starts with our team. We’re cultivating a culture of inclusion because we know we need a diverse team to learn and grow. We embrace your unique contributions and will work to ensure you feel a sense of belonging.
We're an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
About Citizens of Soil:
We’re creating the UK’s favourite brand of olive oil; a show-stopping brand for modern citizens who care about quality, transparency, and sustainability.
We work with female-led groves who practise regenerative agriculture. Our oils represent the people and places they come from, with a line-up of inspiring producers across the Mediterranean under our brand, Citizens of Soil.
Our transparent supply chain means we can trace where every drop comes from and that fair pay is established from the beginning. We’re also a B Corporation using business as a force for good.
We’ve already successfully launched our products in Waitrose, Booths, Selfridges, Fortnum & Masons, and with Michelin-starred chefs, with many more new exciting new listings to come in 2024.
We've been called “the Rolex in a sea of Casio olive oils” by the Metro, with Vice saying “consider it a treat for your taste buds” and HuffPost saying our oils “get the chef’s kiss.” We’ve also been featured in “best oils” lists with The Times, Evening Standard, and Good Housekeeping.
See more about how we’re turning a commodity into a community:
To apply, please email: email@example.com