This recipe from chef Lewis De Haas of Crispin was made for Citizens of Soil. He continues to bring us bright, colourful meals that really speak to the season.
This dish is no exception, with delicate flavours and spring veg making its way to tables now. Here, Lewis gives us a classic egg & asparagus pairing, welcoming the hyper-seasonal green vegetable in a fresh combination which brings in a nice zestiness from the lemon and an indulgent, richness from the egg and EVOO. Sprinkle with some edible flowers for that *chef's kiss* look...
Here's the method:
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and blanch for 2 minutes in salted, boiling water.
- When cooked place the asparagus in iced water to cool.
- When cooled, slice the asparagus, place in a mixing bowl and mix with the crab meat, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange on a plate and finely grate the boiled egg white and yolk over the top.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Ways to make your own:
- Drop in some edible flowers for colour and freshness.
- Swap the crab meat for pulled chicken or even jackfruit to go veggie!
- Peas and broad beans could work here.
You may also like...
World's best kept secret: Garlic confit with extra virgin olive oil
A secret condiment that adds beautiful flavour to anything you make? This is it, folks. After a long time of roasting in olive oil, garlic gets tender and flavourful, slightly sweeter and less pungent than its raw version. It makes for a perfect, homemade condiment and spread. And once you make a big batch of it, pop in in an air-tight jar and enjoy for up to a month! You are likely to find yourself adding it to anything you can think of! Some of the favourite ways we have used it include:...
Introducing Marianna & our new oil from the Peloponnese
This new drop of outstanding extra virgin olive oil, now live in more than 150 Waitrose stores around the country, is a whole new oil from a whole new region for us. And we just can’t wait to share it with you... At Citizens of Soil, we source small-batch extra virgin olive oils from women across the Mediterranean who are farming in a more sustainable way. We’re trying to not only to excite people around olive oils—but also champion the farmers that do them right. And then expand with more f...
Ready to become a Citizen?
Sustainable natural olive oil delivered straight to your door