It's a pairing we keep coming back for, again and again. It's creamy, indulgent, nuanced, and yet it can be made surprisingly easy.
And combine one of our top-notch extra virgin olive oils with this with the plant-based Crematta® from the chef legends over at Julienne Bruno, and you've got a dairy-free winner whipped up in minutes.
They've been testing different styles in their kitchen this month, but this strawberries, EVOO, and nuts one will definitely have you falling in love...
Here's the method:
Serves two. Takes 10 minutes to make and 2 hours to set.
- Mix all the ingredients for the mousse together.
- Add more cacao powder or Crematta® to your taste.
- Put in small ramequins and leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Serve with a quenelle (20 grams) of Crematta® on top, a spoonful of Citizens of Soil Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and dress with chopped strawberries and a sprinkle of nuts.
Ways to make it your own:
- Try different different seasonal toppings, like orange and walnuts in the winter, or fresh mint and strawberries in the summer.
- For a more complex, bitter note—use our Croatian oil. For something smooth, go for our Greek. With red fruits or chiles, our Spanish oil will shine here.
You may also like...
Greek lemon & egg chicken soup
Called avgolemono (ah-vgo-le-mono), this Greek soup is a knock-out in the winter and can be made in less than 30 minutes. The combination of simply chicken broth, lemon, and egg makes a cream-like soup that’s easy to build upon with more vegetables and herbs, like winter cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and parsley. File this under peak nourishment. Are you feeling under the weather? Have this soup. Just had a baby? Have this soup. Trying to get pregnant? Have this soup. Not feeling great? Have...
Polyphenols in extra virgin olive oil. Everything you need to know.
There’s a lot of talk lately about polyphenols and the important role they play in our overall health. And while they exist in loads of plants, there are some powerful ones specific to virgin olive oils which help to explain why it's been considered a superfood since antiquity. Perhaps it’s spearheaded by a wider post-Covid health movement, or the “Zoe-fication” from new innovations and research in the nutrition space, or maybe it’s just that we’re forever chasing the fountain of youth… What...
Spinach and feta galette
It's pancake day, but we're making it Mediterranean style. This version goes green with spinach, courgette, and feta wrapped up in buckwheat flower with some drizzles of the good stuff. Just in time for Valentine's, fall in love with this gorgeous crepe from our favourite chef of the seas—Elleni Katalanos (the Green Greek Chef). Her thoughtful, colourful way of balancing nutrition and flavour never disappoints. They've been testing different styles in their kitchen this month, but this straw...