This is the remedy for January: a seasonal vitamin-packed slaw that was bold, flavourful and healthy.
We made this so many times this month, we lost count. Quick, tangy, and immune-boosting.
The trifecta of citrus, cabbage, and carrots this time of year really deliver that nutritious punch (hello, ☀️ vitamin C!). All mixed up with new harvest olive oil weaving flavours together and bringing out the very best for these ingredients at their peak.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- ginger (fresh root, about a thumb size)
- lemon or citrus of your choice (unwaxed as we finely chop the peel and put it in there too!)
- herbs (we used spring onions and mint most times)
- vinegar (obsessed with Willy's organic raw apple cider vinegar with honey & turmeric—it was MADE for this slaw)
- our new harvest oil from Crete
Now grate everything and splash enough vinegar and oil that it’s properly soupy! Soak up leftover pools with bread. 🤌
Are you making this? Share with your fellow citizens. Tag us in your photos on Instagram at @CitizensofSoil.