Two of those iconic harvest-time ingredients are here—and we need to cover them in EVOO. This recipe is what could be referred to as "street corn", only we've scrapped the mayo and condiments for fresh ingredients like tangy feta, raw chillis, and a flavourful olive oil.
Cook on the barbecue if weather permits, but it's also lush under the grill and can be done in minutes. Spice up your weeknight and treat yourself to some autumnal comfort...
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- 2-4 corn cobs (remove husks)
- 3-5 tbsp of feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 1 small chilli sliced
- Citizens of Soil extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime
- Sea salt
Here's the method:
- Pre-heat the oven grill.
- Pop the cobs into a large pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the corn and pat dry, then drizzle over a little oil to cover it for baking.
- Top with the feta, salt & pepper.
- Baked for 3-5 minutes under the grill.
- Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and chillis, and a healthy pour of EVOO (nice to top it raw after cooking to preserve the nutrition and flavour more!)
- Squeeze a lime over the top (and zest a bit on for extra oomph.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
Ways to make this your own:
- Top with parmesan or nutritional yeast for extra umami.
- Add chilli spices like cayenne or Tajin if you don't have anything fresh.
- Other herbs like mint or basil could be a winner.
- A drizzle of honey would be exciting!
📸 Image from @_eating_with_emily when she tried it with our single estate extra virgin olive oil from Portugal.
Are you making this? Share with your fellow citizens. Tag us in your photos on Instagram at @CitizensofSoil.