It may look like your good ol’ matcha, but don’t be deceived!
This is something else. The grassy notes of EVOO pair beautifully with the mild bitterness and earthiness of matcha to create a truly rich, velvety smooth drink.
Not to mention that it truly is an antioxidant bomb!
You may have seen the Starbucks news about olive oil in coffee. Well, we tried it and wrote a whole blog post on it. We also started testing some recipes, and after talking with olive oil experts and baristas alike, we actually think this morning brew might be our favourite. It comes to us from an exciting producer from Croatia whose oil we'll be launching for summer.
Here's the method:
- Boil the kettle and leave it for a few minutes without the lid so the water cools down. (This is to preserve all the antioxidants in the oil when mixed.)
- In a cup, whisk matcha powder with a spoonful of hot water until all the lumps are gone.
- Stir in the olive oil. You can also add your sweetener of choice now.
- Add frothed milk and stir to combine.
- Et voilà! Enjoy your beverage right away.
Ways to make your own:
- A squeeze of citrus will bring out the green notes.
- Experiment with ratios of matcha to milk to find your perfect brew.
- Swap out oat milk for a different plant-based one like coconut or almond.
You may also like...
World's best kept secret: Garlic confit with extra virgin olive oil
A secret condiment that adds beautiful flavour to anything you make? This is it, folks. After a long time of roasting in olive oil, garlic gets tender and flavourful, slightly sweeter and less pungent than its raw version. It makes for a perfect, homemade condiment and spread. And once you make a big batch of it, pop in in an air-tight jar and enjoy for up to a month! You are likely to find yourself adding it to anything you can think of! Some of the favourite ways we have used it include:...
Spring crab, asparagus, & egg salad
This recipe from chef Lewis De Haas of Crispin was made for Citizens of Soil. He continues to bring us bright, colourful meals that really speak to the season. This dish is no exception, with delicate flavours and spring veg making its way to tables now. Here, Lewis gives us a classic egg & asparagus pairing, welcoming the hyper-seasonal green vegetable in a fresh combination which brings in a nice zestiness from the lemon and an indulgent, richness from the egg and EVOO. Sprinkle wi...
Introducing Marianna & our new oil from the Peloponnese
This new drop of outstanding extra virgin olive oil, now live in more than 150 Waitrose stores around the country, is a whole new oil from a whole new region for us. And we just can’t wait to share it with you... At Citizens of Soil, we source small-batch extra virgin olive oils from women across the Mediterranean who are farming in a more sustainable way. We’re trying to not only to excite people around olive oils—but also champion the farmers that do them right. And then expand with more f...