A seasonal recipe spotlighting celeriac, leeks, and warming flavours from our friends at Mother Root…
The festive foods will be coming at you hard, so be sure to find some time to nourish yourself with simple, seasonal meals. Enjoy this served alongside Mother Root's fiery ginger Switchel for some healthy winter warmers.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- 1 large celeriac, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 large floury potato, peeled & diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 x vegetable stock cube
- 100 ml double cream (or vegan alternative)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Our single estate extra virgin olive oil from Crete
Here's the method:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and a generous pinch of salt.
- Sweat over a low heat for 10 minutes until translucent but not browning.
- Add the celeriac, leeks, potato and bay leaf and fry over a low heat for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water so that the vegetables are just covered. Add the stock cube and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are completely soft and cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaf and blitz the mixture using a stick blender—you might like to add extra boiled water here if the soup is too thick. Stir through the double cream and season to taste.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of double cream and extra virgin olive oil on top, and some crusty bread.
👀 Watch us geek out about bold, seasonal flavours with the Mother Root founder on their IGTV Live.
Are you making this? Share with your fellow citizens. Tag us in your photos on Instagram at @CitizensofSoil.